Mitch Hunt is a professional New Zealand rugby player. Hunt was among the top 10 lead point scorers for the 2021 Super Rugby Aotearoa tournament and the top 3 lead point scorers in the 2021 Super Rugby Trans-Tasman competition.
Hunt has already managed to play over 70 games of Super Rugby with the Crusaders and Highlanders combined. He is currently about to begin the Bunnings NPC season with the Tasman Makos where he has already notched up 56 games for the club and has won back to back championships.
Since high school Hunt has been a stand out first five and fullback and has was involved in representative grade rugby coming through the ranks, including New Zealand Under 20s. His ability to read the game and break open a defensive line has earned him the opportunity to play at the Super Rugby level and most likely higher honours in future years.
In this episode, we learn what it takes to become a world-class game driver and how leadership is also about your actions on the field, not just what is said in the sheds. We dive into:
- How Aaron Smith has instilled confidence in his players to make the right decisions and back themselves to execute when called upon.
- The importance of creating strategies to beat teams that are stronger and more physical, but still being able to command the game with kicking tactics and having the team buy into the game plan.
- The process Mitch takes when going through his kicking routine and basing his overall performance on the feel rather than technical issues.
- How the Tasman Makos have created strong values and culture within the team environment which saw them become back to back champions in the 2019, 2020 NPC competition.
- Mitch’s thoughts around playing for the Crusaders and the lessons and learnings he took from the franchise and how it grew him as a player leading into his Highlanders career.
If you’re someone who is looking to understand the skills, communication and tactics of a world-class first five and fullback. This episode is about taking the reins as the game driver and being confident in your decision making ability and having the freedom from the coaches to back yourself.
It gives insights into a professional rugby environment and how they prepare differently for each team and being able to figure out strategies to dominate whilst being a smaller and less physical team.
MELBOURNE STORM PURPLE KICKING TEE
This episode is bought to you by the new limited edition Melbourne Storm kicking tee. There are only 30 purple tees left available so get in quick to secure yours.
Be amongst the best players in the NRL such as Ryan Papenhuyzen & Nicho Hynes to use this exclusive and custom tee. Take advantage of this offer now before they sell out.
FULL SHOW NOTES TO COME: