Kale is the partner of K&J Growth and Rugby Bricks. His companies have worked with local businesses like BNZ and local gyms through to international brands like TikTok, Microsoft and Monster Energy and have helped hundreds of businesses go online.
Kale is a member of the Forbes Agency Council and the only New Zealand representative to sit on the council and one of the key delivery team members behind Digital Boost. He has opened his own gym in a facility he didn’t own, and with no equipment except A3 & A4 cutouts, within 14 days he turned a $200 marketing budget into $202,000 of annual revenue.
In this episode, we learn the common mistakes people make when creating a business idea and why it is important to have core values and vision within a business environment. We dive into:
- The Biggest mistakes people are making with attempting to start a new business and how to overcome those challenges.
- Why Ryan Papenhuyzen is hungry for knowledge and extremely curious, and his willingness to put in the work to continue to get better every day.
- Some of the Rugby Bricks product ideas that never made it to the light of day.
- Peter & Kales top 3 coolest and influential people they have gotten the opportunity to meet over the past year.
- The importance of building players and helping them develop and grow as people over simply going through the motions and becoming complacent.
- How Peter foresees rugby’s future, what trends he is seeing and what people need to be paying attention to more.
This Interview is a great reflection on how far Rugby Bricks has come as a brand and how things are heading in the future. The two brains of Rugby Bricks share some secrets and great stories into how they have gotten to where they are today and what’s next.
If you are a rugby fanatic or striving entrepreneur then this podcast has all the insights to give you the confidence to take the leap to the next level.
Don’t forget to check out Digital Boost with more information and tools that will help you use digital tools and technologies to support your business’ success.
This episode is bought to you by Detail. The second episode from our new Detail series teaches you everything you need to develop a world-class kicking game. I've worked with players like Hayden Parker, Beauden Barrett, Richie Mo'unga, Matt Toomua and hundreds of others. This episode is the distillation of the thousands of hours of knowledge I've put into the art of kicking.
Sign up here.
FULL SHOW NOTES:
(4:44) New Zealand Digital boost, NZ Online Business Venture
(7:05) Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Request for a proposal
(7:14) K & J Growth Kale’s consortium
(7:15) Team Indigo Kale’s consortium
(7:16) Mind lab company that Kale’s worked with
(15:10) Matthew Maley Iplumb Owner
(17:27) Kale’s travel to Oamaru
(19:51) Leo Breen Great insight into self-confidence building for children
(24:04) Traction by Gino Wickman Get a Grip on your business
(32:07) Rolf Masfen coolest person Kale’s met, owner of - Masfen Group
(35:47) Melbourne Storm Peter’s Team
(40:31) Cameron Munster Australian professional rugby league footballer
(40:32) Nicho Hynes Australian professional rugby league footballer
(40:33) Aaron Booth Australian professional rugby league footballer
( 41:00) Bryan Cranston Breaking Bad
(52:54) 1000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
(56:27) New Zealand national rugby union team All Blacks
(56:29) Australia national rugby union team Wallabies
(1:04:25) Craig Bellamy Australian rugby league football coach and former player,