Owen Franks & Jase Ryan are renowned as a couple of the greatest rugby minds in the game, especially when it comes to the front row & scrums. Ryan is a world-leading forwards coach and has a decorated career to date. He has recently been appointed as the new All Blacks forwards coach in 2022 and will take them on to the world cup in 2023. Franks has also had an embellished career spanning over a 12-year period, he became one of the most capped All Blacks in history with over 100 caps and won back-to-back World Cups in 2011 and 2015.
Over the past few years, Franks & Ryan have joined forces to create the Iron Back Scrum. The mission is to introduce the next generation of front-row players with the correct technique in the safest way possible.
Both these two men have been involved in some of the most successful teams in not only rugby but sport in general, in this episode we dive into:
- How a scrummager has to take a different approach in today's game, due to athletes becoming faster, stronger and fitter than ever before. This has meant training at the top tier has become extremely specialised.
- Why the Iron Back is so important in progressing a front rowers rugby journey by simulating true scrum techniques and coupling that with innovative technology at a world-leading standard.
- How Ryan has dealt with the scrutiny of the public by coming into such an intense rugby environment and how his skillset will take the All Blacks to new heights.
- The importance of coming into a team environment with a clear message, strategy, and mindset that everyone buys into and honing in on home truths.
- Why it’s essential to focus on the micro details and how this needs to be delivered technically as a coach to get the best out of a team and individuals.
From grassroots rugby to the All Blacks, this episode has it all. This podcast is for you if you are a player, coach or supporter. It gives insights and secrets into the most successful rugby team in history and how these two men have continued to succeed in their careers at the highest level for over a decade. We look at the evolution of the Iron Back Scrum technology and how it allowed the new generation to hone their skills with innovative machinery.
Please enjoy this educational and enlightening episode with none other than Owen Franks & Jase Ryan.