Rugby Bricks Camp
The Rugby Bricks Camps are back for our second year, with camps being split between junior (13 - 15) & senior (16 - 18).
Our camps will get your game to where you want it to be; whether getting selected for your first XV or representing your region, you'll learn the skills that some of the best athletes in the world have picked up from Peter Breen.
This in-depth 3-hour clinic features drills used with the Crusaders, Black Ferns, Melbourne Storm and individual athletes like Richie Mo'unga, Beauden Barrett, Renee Holmes and hundreds of other pros.
We're then distilling these for each age group and learnings to match the player's skillsets.
Here is what you can expect:
Our session focuses will be on passing, kicking and skill games. Here are some areas you will learn from the Rugby Bricks coaches during the session:
- Speed - Acceleration, stepping and curve-running.
- Passing - Fast transfer spiral passes to pop passes. We will also focus on broader drills to improve passing power and accuracy.
- Kicking - We will cover everything! Spiral, grubber, drop, punting, and you will get to try out the entire Rugby Bricks kicking tee range.
- Skills Games - Reading defenders, offload touch, grubber touch and much more.
This summer, we've aligned with several Dunedin, Christchurch, Hamilton & Auckland clubs to deliver these sessions. Here's what you can expect:
- Setting - A blend of professional and personal coaching. You'll learn what it looks like to participate in a professional environment while also building in elements of fun and teamwork.
- Coaching - We've got specialist coaches who will be directed by our founder Peter Breen. Each coach will be attached to a skillset area, and attendees will rotate through each skill block.
- Community - Connection to our community and whānau is essential to us. If you want to bring your friends and whānau to watch - they are more than welcome to watch from the sidelines.
- Focus - In between sessions, we will have breaks to recap the core skills, rehydrate and prepare for the next block.
To be eligible to attend the session, participants must be 13 - 18 in 2024. All abilities are welcome, the essential quality we are looking for is your attitude to our ethos of Outwork and Outlearn. Sessions are split between junior and senior.
- AM - Junior Sessions (13 - 15)
- PM - Senior Sessions (16 - 18)
On top of the sessions, all participants will get:
- New Kit - A Rugby Bricks Outwork Training T-Shirt & a 3 Pack of Rugby Bricks Socks
- Exclusive Merch - You'll also get an exclusive Rugby Bricks wristband unique to attendees of the Rugby Bricks camp.
*Please note that due to the player specific merchandise ordered for kits, full refunds for late cancellations will not be granted for any cancellations received less than seven days out from the camp session that the individual player has been signed up to.
Great expertise provided and my technique improved in the three hours
thanks, my son really enjoyed the afternoon in Dunedin and would love to do another one in the future.
Thought the format was well executed thanks