Rugby Bricks Podcast Episode 47 Show Notes: Rachel Vickery | How The Melbourne Storm Use Breathing Tactics To Excel Under Pressure
Rachel Vickery is an elite breathing and high-performance strategist. She has been a part of some of the top sporting organisations, including the Golden State Warriors, PGA Golf, Sydney Roosters and currently working with the Melbourne Storm.
From her time with these teams, she has been labelled as ‘The Athlete Whisperer’. Rachels interest in elite sports has stemmed from her time as an international gymnast on the New Zealand team for 6 years, competing against the world's best at the Commonwealth Games and the world championships.
Rachel shares her extensive knowledge of breathing and has helped many teams and individuals reach full physical, mental and emotional capacity when under high stake environments. Throughout this episode we dive into:
- Rachels experience with the NBA Golden State Warriors team and how high-performance coaches from Australia and New Zealand are making a name for themselves on the world stage
- Understanding how improving your breathing will give you a performance edge and help you execute when it counts under pressure
- Rachel’s idea about magic happening outside your comfort zone and how your body needs to be comfortable being uncomfortable
- Breaking down stereotypical trends about body posture and how to keep your technique and fluidity it tact while in big moments
- How to intentionally set yourself up for success with mental tips and tricks that regain your composure, focus and mental clarity
If your someone who struggles in high-pressure environments or wants to execute in clutch moments then this podcast has everything you need to learn the tips and tricks to train yourself, physically, mentally and emotionally for high performance.
This episode is bought to you by Detail. The second episode from our new Detail series teaches you everything you need to develop a world-class kicking game. I've worked with players like Hayden Parker, Beauden Barrett, Richie Mo'unga, Matt Toomua and hundreds of others. This episode is the distillation of the thousands of hours of knowledge I've put into the art of kicking.
Sign up here.
FULL SHOW NOTES TO COME: